An introduction of Dr. Kent Hovind
and his Creation Seminars
|[Introduction to Dr. Hovind], [Dr. Hovind's justice cycle], [Is Dr. Hovind being edited?], [Dr. Hovind vs Wikipedia]
|[Video presentation of seminars 1-7], [Introduction to seminar transcripts], [Seminar 1: “The Age of the Earth”],
[Seminar 2: “The Garden of Eden”],
[Seminar 3: “Dinosaurs and the Bible”],
[Seminar 4: “Lies in the Textbooks?”],
[Seminar 5: “The Dangers of Evolution”],
[Seminar 6: “The Hovind Theory”],
[Seminar 7: “Question and Answers”]
“And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit.
For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.”
It appears that it will have to be said and made very clear up front that this site is not originated nor maintained by Dr. Hovind. It simply has to be said as various of my visitors have thought that, sending me messages addressing me as Dr. Hovind and so on. Well, then realize that I am not that person. This also means that you will find my meanderings on these pages, they are thus not deriving from Dr. Hovind. The only things that are deriving from Dr. Hovind are these life seminars that he gave, the presentation as you find it on this site are my doing!
This all is thus an independent initiative. Although appreciation has been received this by Dr. Hovind as well as from his co-workers of his ministry for me having his transcribed seminars out there.
“Remember, none of my material is restricted. This is by design. For years I have said, ‘There is a war going on. You don't ration out bullets during war time!’ If you can shoot and want to use my ‘bullets,’ feel free to do so.”
||Dr. Kent Hovind
||(from ‘Seminar Notebook’ (edition 2004))
An introduction to Dr. Kent Hovind
Evolution is a theory that has never been a proven fact, yet public teachers erroneously and repeatedly confirm as if it were to be a fact.
One of the most skilled authorities and debaters on the creation-evolution controversy is Dr. Kent Hovind.
Dr. Kent Hovind disposes the dangers in educating people in the evolution theory and you will learn how subjective and subtle this is being done. He shares with us an abundance of verified scientific evidence supporting the idea of creation which is confirmed by the Biblical account. This is further confirmed by some 270 origin of the world tales from around this planet, that speak about a flood. His fact-filled informative and high-paced seminars do cause even the most devout skeptic to actually to sit up and take notice. Most particularly you can actually see this happening yourself on the Hovind debate DVD series, a series that I personally highly recommend.
As a fifteen year veteran high school science teacher, his love for science sparked his interest in talking about creation and evolution. He saw the tremendous need for exposing evolution teaching for what it was, a dangerous and a by definition a religious worldview. He aims arming Christians with the tools of scientific evidence that show that there are no contradictions between true science and the Biblical account. In response to these needs, shortly after finishing his PhD in education, he began the full-time ministry of his Creation Science Evangelism.
It appears that he also, as one of the few Christians around, delivers the whole package. He does not shy away from addressing topics such as New World Order and more such. It has been claimed that he went out of his brief when he did that. Well, only according to guidelines established by some governments and such, but not according to Bible Scriptures.
Since its beginning in 1989, his ministry continues to grow as Dr. Hovind spoke as many as 170 times each year in public and private schools, churches, universities, and appeared on radio and television broadcasts. His humorous and illustrative seminars provide for documented evidence that speak against this theory of evolution and unfolds its exceedingly unscientific foundations. Dr. Hovind's goal is to strengthen the faith of believers and to confound and convict evolutionists. He offers $250,000 to anyone with empirical evidence (actual scientific proof) for the evolution theory.
|His public seminars (of which I present the transcripts) consists of 7 seminars and amount to some 20 hours of lecturing. For the serious students there is however available the College Class course 101, 102, 103, 104, 201 DVD series (each 10 parts), amounting to some 61 hours of lecturing.
|Dr. Hovind also run an own radio program called ‘The Creation Science Hour’, he did this together with his son at least during Jun 2003/Jan 2004. Recordings of these do survive.
Why Dr. Kent Hovind?
Well, in my humble opinion he has something to say to us. And you can only verify what he says by consulting what exactly he is saying. Hence these indexed transcripts with textsearch functions that will facilitate you in doing exactly that.
Now, why do I give so much attention towards Dr. Kent Hovind concerning these matters? Well, the answer would be rather simple as Dr. Hovind is one of the few creationists that DOES NOT COMPROMISE to that which is true to him, and he does not shy away to tell what is in his mind. I also do not perceive that he suffers from fixation or sorts, he is rather scientific about it all, and sort of easy going, as it should be. He takes on any challenge for debate. He is eager to receive and answer questions and I find that Dr. Hovind adds perspective onto matters. No other person active in the subject matter of this Creation has been this effective and has caused such a huge consternation on this subject! With him you got the whole package! People either hate him or they love him. Well, I guess it must have been something he said...
See, it does appear that Dr. Hovind evidently is very intelligent and rather knowledgeable. If he is wrong about matters these simply will have to enervate themselves. However one should resort to well formulated, verified and factually presented counterarguments based on and falling back directly on direct observation and verified fact. With this I thus mean that one does not resort to general make-wrongs of a person, ad hominem attacks, throw about generalities like ‘everyone knows’ or authoritive statements lacking any ground in fact. You see, if a person really would be in error, the easiest solution would be to point that out and give the argumentation adamant support. If that is not being done, one starts getting personal, throwing about generalities (‘everybody knows’) and so on, then we know something else is going on! So, you got your answer right there about what's happening!
It should be noted that Dr. Hovind has looked through the scam that is being played. Something that he openly speaks about, whereas other Creationists/Christians would be rather careful in what they include in their presentations, and what they can say or not say. Particularly I refer here to the phenomena of a New World Order and philosophies that find their base in evolution thinking (see seminar #5). Here one can perceive that man is simply being played. Man is persistently being lied to, and this with authoritive permission of government entities. Naturally there are various entities that would like to shut him up. We just can't have a free speaker, now can we! And they did shut him up, but then, they did not really succeed in that either. One may rightfully wonder though what had happened with this Declaration of Independence?
One should not confuse this with some sort of admiration or devotion from my part. See, that's just not the case. I may not agree with all of his conclusions either, and that is how things should be. I heavily object however to silencing (or attempting do so) any people for all of the wrong reasons. If that is being done, then rest assured you will find me standing on the barricade right there!
Mind here that Dr. Hovind was by far not my first introduction to this subject matter. By the time I picked up his seminars on the Ebay (about 2002) I was already more than just well-versed in the subject matter. He simply confirmed what I already knew, and I thought he said it rather well. The following year already I put out transcripts of his creation seminar 1 to 4 out on the Internet.
|Out on the Internet you find many opponents persistently claiming that Dr. Hovind would be a liar, these individuals throw this about all over the place. But it is just a stated claim, it is not being supported! And you know what? While working on these indexed transcripts I had decided to also add the reference sources, but... before adding these I verified virtually every one of them, and they are valid. Dr. Hovind is apparently not lying there. So, then where do the opponents claim he is lying about?
|Well, here you have his organized indexed transcripts! Tell me where he is lying about, although I insist that you do support your argument!
Scientific Evidence Disproves Evolution Theory
Facts prove Universe is about 6,000 years old, not billions of years old.
by Dr. Kent Hovind, PhD.
Let's imagine we are exploring an old gold mine, and we find a Casio Databank watch half buried in the mud on the floor of the mine. Suppose also that the correct time and date are displayed on the watch, and it is still running smoothly. Then imagine that I tell you the watch has been there for over 1,000 years.
“That's impossible!” you say. “That watch could not have been there for 1,000 years, and I can prove it!”
“How can you prove I'm wrong?” I say.
“Well, for one thing, this mine was just dug 150 years ago,” you say.
“Okay,” I admit, “you're right about the thousand years being too much, but the watch has been here for 150 years at least!”
“No!” you say. “Casio didn't make the Databank watch until 12 years ago.”
“All right,” I say. “The watch was dropped here 12 years ago then.”
“Impossible!” you say. “The batteries only last five years on that watch, and it's still running. That proves it has been here less than five years.”
While we still can't prove exactly when the watch was left there, you have logically limited the date to five years at the most. You have effectively proven that my initial statement about the watch being 1,000 years old is wrong. The larger numbers prove nothing in this debate. Even if I were to radiometric-date the mud or the plastic in the watch to try to prove that it is thousands of years old, my data would be meaningless.
The same logic can be applied to finding the age of the earth. If several factors limit the earth's age to a few thousand years, the earth cannot be older than a few thousand years! Even if a few indicators seem to show a greater age for the earth, it takes only ONE fact to prove the earth is young.
The Bible teaches that God created the universe approximately 6,000 years ago, ex nihilo (out of nothing) in six literal 24-hour days. Then, approximately 4,400 years ago, a worldwide flood destroyed the earth. This devastating, year-long flood was responsible for the sediment layers being deposited (the water was going and returning, Gen. 8:3-5). As the mountains rose and the ocean basins sank after the Flood (Ps. 104:5-8, Gen. 8:1), the waters rushed off the rising mountains into the new ocean basins. This rapid erosion through still soft, unprotected sediments formed the topography we still see today in places like the Grand Canyon.
The uniformitarian assumption - that today's slow erosion rates that take place through solid rock are the same as has always been - is faulty logic and ignores catastrophes like the Flood (II Peter 3:3-8 says that scoffers are “Willingly ignorant” of the Flood).
Listed below are facts from various branches of science that limit the age of the universe (including earth) to a few thousand years. Though it cannot be scientifically proven exactly when the universe was created, the evidence more than suggests that it is not billions of years old.
Evidence from Space
- The 0.5-inch layer of cosmic dust on the moon indicates the moon has not been accumulating dust for billions of years.
- Fossil meteorites are very rare in layers other than the top layers of the earth. This indicates that the layers were not exposed for millions of years as is currently being taught in school textbooks.
- The moon is receding a few inches each year. Billions of years ago the moon would have been so close that the tides would have been much higher, eroding away the continents.
- Among other factors to consider is that all the ancient astronomers from 2,000 years ago recorded that Sirius was a red star - today it is a white dwarf star. Since today's textbooks in astronomy state that 100,000 years are required for a star to “evolve” from a red giant to a white dwarf, obviously this view needs to be restudied.
Evidence from Earth
- Topsoil formation rates indicate only a few thousand years of formation.
- Niagara Falls’ erosion rate (four to five feet per year) indicates an age of less than 10,000 years. Don't forget Noah's Flood could have eroded half of the seven-mile-long Niagara River gorge in a few hours as the flood waters raced through the soft sediments.)
- The size of the Mississippi River Delta, divided by the rate mud is being deposited gives an age of less than 30,000 years. (The Flood in Noah's day could have washed out 80 percent of the mud there in a few hours or days, so 4,400 years is a reasonable age for the delta.)
- A relatively small amount of sediment is now on the ocean floor, indicating only a few thousand years of accumulation.
- The oceans are getting saltier. If they were billions of years old, they would be much saltier than they are now.
- Ice cores at the South Pole and Greenland have a maximum depth of 10-14,000 feet. The aircraft that crash-landed in Greenland in 1942 and was excavated in 1990 was under 263 feet of ice after only 48 years. This indicates all of the ice could have accumulated in 4,400 years.
Evidence from Biology
- The current population of earth (5.5 billion souls) could easily be generated from eight people (survivors of the Flood) in less than 4,000 years.
- The oldest living coral reef is less than 4,200 years old.
- The oldest living tree in the world is about 4,300 years old.
Evidence from History
- The oldest known historical records are less than 6,000 years old.
- Many ancient cultures have stories of an original creation in the recent past and a worldwide flood. Nearly 300 of these flood legends are now known.
- Biblical dates do not exceed 6,000 years.
- The following Bible verses speak of the beginning:
- In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth (Gen. 1:1).
- In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God (John 1:1).
- And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth (Heb. 1:10).
- For in six days the Lord made heaven and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them (Ex. 20:11).
- Since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation (II Peter 3:4).
- The works were finished from the foundation of the world. For God did rest the seventh day from all His works (Heb. 4:3,4).
- Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the Lord am He (Is. 41:4).
- Have ye not read, that He which made them at the beginning made them male and female? (Matt. 19:4)
- For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made (Rom. 1:20).
Those who believe the earth is billions of years old will typically try to discredit one or two of these evidences and then mistakenly think that they have successfully proven the entire list wrong. This is not logical, of course. Each evidence stands independently, and it takes only ONE to prove the earth is young. The burden of proof is on the evolutionists. Many who support evolution are great at straining out a gnat and swallowing a camel. (Matt. 23:24)
It is interesting to read the ramblings of Creation naysayers like Scott, Matson, Babinski, etc. as they try to disprove the evidence for a young universe. See how many times they use words like “we believe,” “perhaps,” “could have,” and so on. Evolutionists may need billions of years to make people believe a rock can turn into a rocket scientist, but that still wouldn't be enough time!
For Further Reading:
- Paul D. Ackerman, It's a Young World After All. (Grand Rapids, Mich.: Baker Book House, 1986)
- Sylvia. Baker, Bone of Contention. (Creation Science Foundation Ltd., Sunnybank, Queensland 4109 Australia: 1990)
- Kent E. Hovind, Creation Seminar, Parts 1-7 (Creation Science Evangelism, 29 Cummings Road, Pensacola, Fla. 32503)
- Scott M. Huse, The Collapse of Evolution. (Grand Rapids, Mich.: Baker Book House, 1983)
- Henry M. Morris, Scientific Creationism. (El Cajon, Calif.: Master Books, April 1985)
- R. L. Wysong, The Creation-Evolution Controversy. (Midland, Mich.: Inquiry Press, 1976)
|Copyright © 2003, 2007, 2008, 2014 Michel
Snoeck. All rights reserved.
This page revised:
22 September, 2015